Dr. Anndretta Wilson’s Black Arts & Performance Summer Day Camp is a celebration of African Diaspora culture for young learners of all backgrounds ages 5 to 12.
About this Event
Black Arts and Performance Summer Day Camp students
are coached by Dr. Anndretta Wilson and her team to dramatize works by
notable Black writers and explore artistic expression across the African
diaspora historically. Students are grouped by ages 5 to 8, or 9 to 12
years old. Minimum registration for 1 week (one session) starts at $250.
The camp venue is in South Los Angeles in the Leimert Park area.
Click Here for Registration: www.BlackArtsCamp.com
Use coupon code “metaphor” for $50 discount (applies to 10 spaces each week through first week of May)
- Session 1: (June 3-7) Langston Hughes
- Session 2: (June 10-14) Maya Angelou
- Session 3: (June 17-21) Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Session 4: (June 24-28) Black Excellence All-Stars
Black Arts and Performance Summer Day Camp participants will…
- Demonstrate thoughts and feelings using movement and sound
- Work with coaches and peers to memorize their favorite lines of poetry
- Practice public speaking and precise diction
- Listen to stories written by prominent Black writers
- Collaborate to create props and wardrobe pieces
- Learn and practice The Black National Anthem (Lift Every Voice and Sing)
- Perform together on Friday at 3pm to share what they explored during the week with parents and friends
Black Arts and Performance Summer Day Camp runs from 9:00am to 3:30pm and students are expected to bring their own lunches. Camp provided meals and extended care hours including 8:30am drop off can be arranged with an additional fee per child.
Black Arts and Performance Summer Day Camp Founder and Director Anndretta Lyle Wilson, PhD earned her doctorate from the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) in Theater and Performance Studies with an emphasis in African American history and culture. During the academic year, she teaches Black Studies in the Ethnic Studies department at California State University, East Bay.
For more details contact Dr. Wilson:
- email firstname.lastname@example.org
- text/call 323-825-9829